Saturday, September 5, 2009

Apple and Carrot Kit Kat


Of the many things in Japan that I find unusual is the variety of Kit Kat candy bar flavors. Though the original milk chocolate and wafter Kit Kat is easily found, it often sits alongside a different flavor, such as white chocolate, green tea, tiramisu, or in this case, apple and carrot flavor. At first it might seem like everywhere you go there is a different flavor of Kit Kat to be seen. However, after being here for some time (and of course asking some of my Japanese students) it becomes clear that these curious variations of Kit Kat are seasonal (but still sometimes random...I think). For example, during cherry blossom season, Kit Kat sold a special flavor in honor of the blooms (which I am now kicking myself for not trying). In any case, here is the first of many taste tests of the candy bar that hits so close to home, with an alien twist. I gave some apple and carrot Kit Kat to my students to see what they thought, have a look:

3 comments:

  1. Wow. If that goes majority "yummy" it explains why I still feel like such an outsider. These nuts'll eat anything...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice orange color, very pleasant aroma. UMMMMMMM, not too sweet - just right. Love this flavor- thumbs up!

    ReplyDelete