Saturday, December 12, 2009

Good Dentist: Minoura Dental Clinic

If you've ever done research about dentistry in Japan, it's likely you've come across some pretty unnerving, or even downright scary testimonials about dentists in Japan. I've sifted through a lot of stories and information about Japanese dentistry ranging from shady practices, to outdated treatments, and found myself at the brink of panic as I attempted to find a decent dentist in our area. Luckily, I did. There is a little information I found online about this office, and I was also told by a co-worker that he was pretty good as well. Dr. Minoura of Minoura Dental Clinic in Kurokawa is our guy. According to the website, there are two Minouras (I'm gonna go ahead a guess they are brothers), that are visiting professors at Osaka University and Aichi Gakuin University. We have only really dealt with one of the two docs (unfortunately I cannot say who, because I don't know his first name). I think this is because he speaks English, and possibly the other doesn't. In any case, we have check-ups ever 4 months, and so far so good. The office is immaculate, and looks pretty high-tech and modern, and the staff makes an effort to speak English if you can't speak much Japanese-they are also very friendly. You can find the Minoura Dental Clinic in Kurokawa, exit #3, next to the Lawson across the street. Here's a link:


http://www.minoura-dental.com/en/index.html

1 comment:

  1. I forgot to tell you that Dental surgery is a hobby of mine.

    ReplyDelete