Thursday, June 3, 2010

The Great Wall of China






Been there. Yea, I said it. It was one of the most amazing things I've seen yet (and I do plan to see a lot more). We visited the Mutianyu section of the Wall which was an excellent choice because it wasn't crowded (these photos were taken between 10-11am on a Monday during a holiday season) AND, are you ready for this? You can toboggan down from the wall. So now not only can I say I've stood on the Great Wall of China, but I can also say I've tobogganed down it. Now that's something you don't hear everyday. Video to come.

2 comments:

  1. Great! Picturesque places, photo setting and people.
    How long do these walls extend?

    ReplyDelete
  2. wikipedia says it is almost 9000 kilometers (WOOOOW!!) it was really cool, if you ever have the chance, you should go there

    ReplyDelete