Thursday, August 6, 2009

$1,000 Fan!


I don't know what this thing is made of, but it sure doesn't look like it's worth such a giant hunk of anyone's hard-earned money. I'm sure it's handcrafted from the finest wood in the world, blah, blah, blah, but it is still shocking to me nonetheless. It doesn't even look that fancy. Of course I realize that expensive doesn't always mean fancy per say, but if I'm going to spend a grand on something that can fit in my pocket, it better be good. Perhaps my inner American shines through the most at a time like this--were I to be asked to imagine what a $1,000 fan would look like, this wouldn't even come close--precious metals and jewels come to mind almost immediately. Personally, I don't buy fans that cost over 100 yen--and now that I think about it, I could have sworn I've seen a fan that looks a lot like this for 100 yen...and even if it didn't, who cares? You are just going to be whipping it around and fanning yourself anyway, most people won't even get a chance to notice the "fine craftsmanship", and those that try risk getting whiplash. Nope, if I ever pay this much money for a fan, I'll get one with a TV in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment