Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Theftless in Nagoya


In the middle of Sakae, downtown Nagoya, some chicks left all of their stuff--and I mean all of it. Shopping bags, and even purses were set in the middle of the sidewalk on a Friday night, in one of the largest cities in Japan...and no one laid a finger on anything. Even stranger, no one even looked at it like it was strange. I actually stood on this for a few minutes to test my theory and feed my curiosity---I was sure that if no one tried to take anything, someone would at least think this was strange. Nope. No one glanced at the pile of belongings longer than the time it took to realize they had to walk around it. It would seem as though there is a better chance of having things taken from you in the States when you are actually in possession of them, than there is of someone taking your carelessly strewn and unattended belongings on the street in Japan. Japan, 1, USA 0.

No comments:

Post a Comment