Friday, August 7, 2009

Stepping Over the Yellow Line


I've seen my share of strange, funny, crazy and downright confusing advertisements since I've been in Japan. And yes, I've often gotten a cheap kick out of ads here because of goofy things like grammatical or spelling errors (AKA to foreigners, Engrish) or just nonsensical stuff. But this is actually one of my favorite ads, and that's quite possibly because I can't laugh at it--it's all in Japanese, so I can't read most of it. It's a safety ad reminding people to be aware, and careful not to step over the painted yellow line that runs within inches of the train tracks. The use of Legos alone is just so charming, but combined with the business man who loses his footing while looking at the passing flock of freshly-dismissed schoolgirls is just hilarious...and kinda creepy in a way.

No comments:

Post a Comment